Most of the research in applications of image processing to problems in security was performed while I was at HP (1995-2003), and covers watermarking for authentication and copyright protection [1,3,4,5,10] and counterfeit deterrence [2,8,9,11]. The only exceptions were , the outcome of my M.S. thesis, and , the first paper by a student I supervised.
1 Also appeared in Proceedings of the Multimedia and Security Workshop, Oct. 1999
- Refereed Publications
- K. Gopalakrishnan, Nasir D. Memon and Poorvi L. Vora. Protocols
for Watermark Verification. IEEE Multimedia, special issue on Multimedia
and Security, pp. 66-71, Oct-Dec. 20011
- Cormac Herley, Poorvi Vora and Xuguang Yang. Detection and
Deterrence of Counterfeit of Valuable Documents. Proceedings,
- Nasir Memon, Poorvi Vora, Boon-Lock Yeo, Minerva Yeung.
Distortion bounded authentication techniques,
Proceedings of the SPIE, Security and Watermarking of
Multimedia Contents II, vol.3971, pp. 164-74, 24-26 Jan. 2000
- Poorvi L. Vora, Robust Watermarking Using Argument Modulation.
PICS (Image Processing, Image Quality, Image Capture Systems)
conference, Savannah, Georgia, April 25-28, 1999.
- Nasir Memon and Poorvi Vora. Authentication
Techniques for Multimedia Content. SPIE Conference on Multimedia Systems and
Applications, Photonics East, Boston, MA, 2 November 1998, vol.
3528, pp. 412-422.
- Bhaskar Bhumkar, Poorvi L. Vora, B. Chandna
and K. Shankar. A Set Theoretic Approach
to Image Reconstruction from Projections.
Int. Conf. on Image Proc., Laussanne, Sept. 1996.
- H. Joel Trussell and Poorvi L. Vora. Bounds on Restoration
Quality Using Spatial a priori Information. International
Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, New
York, NY. Vol. 3, pp. 1758-1761, 1988.
- Patents Granted
- "Detection and deterrence of counterfeiting of documents"
having a characteristic color. US 6748100. Issued June 8, 2004. (with X. Yang and C. Herley).
- "Multi-level detection and deterrence of counterfeiting of
documents with reduced false detection", (with X. Yang and C.
Herley). US 6516078. Filed July 29, 1999. Issued February 4,
- "Robust watermarking for digital objects". US 6463162. Filed September 30, 1998. Issued October 8, 2002.
- "Detection and deterrence of counterfeiting of two-sided documents", (with C. Herley). US 6335794 .
Filed 23 December 1998. Issued January 1, 2002.