- NSF SoCS Awards Panel, Jan 2010.
- NAACL Semeval Workshop 2009.
- ACL 2008 Student Research Workshop.
- NSF HSD Awards Panel, May 2008.
- HLT-NAACL 2007 Student Research Workshop.
- NSF Career Awards, Fall 2005.
- ACL 2005 Student Research Workshop.
Organizer and Chair
- Chair and organizer of NSF Funded Workshop on Code Switching, Jun 2010.
- Chosen Area Chair for NAACL Semantics and Machine Learning, Feb 2010.
- Chosen Area Chair for EMNLP Multilinguality, Apr--May 2009.
- Co-Chair COLING-HLT Workshop on TextGraphs, Aug 2008.
- Co-Chair LREC Workshop on Arabic and Local Languages, May 2008.
- Chair and organizer of NSF Funded Workshop on Code Switching, Apr 2008.
- SEMEVAL 1 task 18 on Arabic Semantic Labeling, Jan – Jun 2007.
- Co-Chair ACL Workshop on Comp. Approaches to Semitic Language, Jun 2005.
Reviewer/Program committee member
- Computational Linguistics, IEEE Speech Communication, Computers and Humanities, Computers Speech and Language, Journal of Natural language engineering, Egyptian Journal of Language Engineering, Journal for Language Resources and Evaluation.
- Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), Cognitive Science Society, Computational Linguistics (COLING), NEMLAR, Human Language technologies (HLT), North American Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL), Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), Egyptian Conference on Language Engineering, European Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL).
- LREC Workshop on HLT for Semitic Languages (LREC 2010)
- Statistical Machine Translation (ACL 2008)
- TextGraphs (COLING 2008)
- Arabic and Local Languages (LREC 2008)
- Computational Approaches to Semitic Languages (ACL 2007)
- SEMEVAL 1 (ACL 2007)
- Computational Approaches to Arabic Script based Languages (2007)
- Student Research Workshop (HLT-NAACL 2007)
- Cross Language knowledge Induction (EACL 2006)
- Student Research Workshop (ACL 2005)
- Parallel Text (ACL 2005)
- Computational Approaches to Semitic Languages (ACL 2005)
- Cross-Language Knowledge Induction Workshop (EUROLAN 2005)
- Computational Approaches to Arabic Script based Languages (COLING 2004)
- Association for Computational Linguistics
- Cognitive Science Society
- American Association for Artificial Intelligence
- Institute for Electrical & Electronics Engineers
- Society of Women Engineers
- National Electrical and Computer Engineering honor society (HKN)
Mona T. Diab, PhD
The George Washington University
Staughton Hall #102
George Washington University
707 22nd Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20052
801 22nd St. NW
Washington, DC 20052
email: mtdiab [at] gwu [dot] edu