- Sultan Alamro (PhD)
- Peng Zou (PhD)
- Rujia Zou (MS to PhD)
- Min Tian (MS to PhD)
- Shrinivas Petale (PhD)
- Hao Xie (MS)
- Dr. Xianglin Wei, Nanjing Institute of Telecommunications Technology, March 2018 - Feb. 2019.
- Dr. Jianhua Fan, Nanjing Institute of Telecommunications Technology, Dec. 2016 - June 2017.
Doctor of Philosophy
- Maotong Xu, Deadline-aware job and task scheduling in cloud environment, February 2019. ECE Best Dissertation Award.
- Jingxin Wu, Resource allocation in multigranular optical networks, August 2018.
- Farshad Ahdi, Reliability and capacity planning in hybrid optical networks, March 2016.
- Juzi Zhao, Impairment-aware resource allocation in translucent optical networks, May 2014. ECE Best Dissertation Award.
- Majid Al-Naimi, Waveband optimization in ROADM-based optical networks, August 2011.
- Sava Stanic, Fault monitoring and localization in transparent optical networks, August 2010.
- Arush Gadkar, Time-slotted optical networks: architectures and performance evaluation, August 2010.
- Amir Askarian, Cross-layer approach to survivable DWDM network design, May 2010.
- Onur Turkcu, Transponder tunability and waveband switching in reconfigurable optical networks, Aug. 2009.
- Tao Deng, Physical-layer aware design and service provisioning in transparent wavelength-routed networks, Dec. 2005.
- Farshid Alizadeh-Shabdiz, Single and multi-hop ad hoc networks: Performance analysis and a new MAC protocol, May 2004.
- Sunggy Koo, Provisioning and restoration in IP/MPLS over WDM networks, May 2004.
Master of Science
- Rujia Zou, P-cycle design in elastic optical networks, May 2019.
- Peyman Saeid, Energy-efficient QoT-guaranteed routing in translucent optical networks, Aug. 2012.
- Lee Swingen, A comparison study of CRZ-DPSK and RZ-DPSK modulation format versus four common impairments of an optically pre-amplified DPSK receiver, August 2008.
- Somak Halder, EXPRED: A new active queue management algorithm, August 2003.
- Cansu Altinbuken, Comparison of fair queueing algorithms, Aug. 2003.
- Srivatsan Sankaranarayanan, Performance evaluation of multicasting in optical networks, Dec. 2002.
- Venkatraman Tamilraj, Analytical blocking models for multi-rate circuits in multichannel optical networks, Aug. 2002.
- Ritabrata Roy, (co-advisor with Profs. C. Korman and S. Ahmadi), Minimum energy transmission schemes for mobile ad-hoc networks, Aug. 2002.
- Mahesh Sivakumar, Wavelength conversion and time switching in wavelength-routing networks: a performance study, Aug. 2001.
- Amrinder S. Arora, (co-advisor with Prof. H.-A. Choi), Design of logical topologies for optical network survivability, Dec. 2001.