CS 4243-4: Senior Design
The purpose of this exercise is to get practice with job interviews.
You will apply for a job (cover letter and CV), and undergo an interview.
Start by picking two jobs to apply to from these below. One will be
your primary application, the other a secondary application.
All four positions require a strong foundation in undergraduate
- Full-stack developer. Skills needed:
databases (SQL, database design).
- Data science developer.
Skills needed: python, machine-learning, visualization packages
(such as D3.js).
- Game developer Skills needed: C++, graphics tools.
- Systems software. Skills needed: C programming, OS/networking.
- Write both a cover letter and prepare a CV for each of
the two jobs you selected from the above four.
- Upload these to your team google-doc folder.
- If you have a documentable conflict on Tuesday 10/8 evening
(such as a course), email Prof. Simha by 5pm Tuesday 9/24.
We will schedule some students into interviews on Tuesday 10/8,
and some on Wednesday 10/9.
Interview schedule and logistics
Here's how it will work:
On Tuesday October 8:
- You have been assigned a "room" along with two others.
- If you are the first in the trio assigned to a room,
you need to arrive by 6.10pm. If you are the second,
then arrive by 6.40pm. The third needs to arrive by 7.10pm.
For example, consider Room #1 on Tuesday October 8.
Here, Abia needs to arrive by 6.10, Ahmet by 6.40 and Aimen
by 7.10pm, and wait outside.
- Please bring along a copy of your resume/CV and your
- Dress in formal interview attire.
On Wednesday October 9:
- Room #1: Abia, Ahmet, Aimen
- Room #2: Alicia, Brian, Chengkai
- Room #3: Chloe, Pat, David
- Room #4: Dennis, Eric, Gregor
- Room #5: Jack, Jaeseok, Jen W
- Room #6: Joe H, Larissa, Joseph E
- Room #1: Allison, Ben, Billy
- Room #2: Braden, Henry, Jonathan
- Room #3: Lian, Monica, Suraj
- Room #4: Tim, Kyle, Matt
- Room #5: Mihir, Dan, Paul
- Room #6: Rachell, Robbie, Shiva
- Room #7: Simon, Weiming, Zacharie
- Room #8: Jenny, Jiawei, Jinwen
- Room #1: SEH 4560 (Simha office)
- Room #2: SEH 4570 (Yerukhimovich office)
- Room #3: SEH 4580 (Wood office)
- Room #4: SEH 4590 (Caliskan office)
- Room #5: SEH 4600 (Parmer office)
- Room #6: SEH 4615 (Heller office)
- Room #7: SEH 4605 (Conference room)
- Room #8: SEH 4655 (Frank-Bolton office)