- (Nov 13) This Tuesday's office hours will be limited to
4-4.45pm. If you need more time, stop by on Thursday.
- (Oct 9) This Thursday's (Oct 12) office hours have
been moved to 10-12. We'll revert back to the usual 4-6pm
next week onwards.
- (Sep 21) Henceforth, we'll make 11pm Wednesdays the due
time/date, as agreed in class.
- (Sep 20) Office hours for Thursday Sept 21 (and only
for this day) have been changed to 10-12am.
- (Sep 18) I will be out of town Sep 27-30 during which email
access may be problematic. There will be a class Thu Sept 28.
I won't have office hours Sept 28. Everything else remains the same
(TA office hours/labs, due dates).
- (Sep 14) TA office hours will be: Mondays 11-1 and Fridays
12-2, both in Phillips 725 (the lab in the CS dept, 7th floor
- (Sep 5) There will be a special one-time workshop for this
course, this Saturday, Sept 9, in Tompkins 410, from 12.00-4.00pm.
The workshop will cover Unix/Windows skills, compilation, execution,
- (Aug 08) There is a subdirectory of cs133 called
useful in which I will occasionally place
classes like UniformRandom.java
that I think will be useful to the class. These classes
will themselves be periodically modified - I will try to
remember to post a notice here when I've made such a
- (Aug 08)
To get a SEAS Unix or NT account, visit the room next to the
For more information on systems, Unix or NT,
SEAS computing website